Industry: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: Compliance/Corporate Compliance
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: High School
Min Experience: 2-5
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB: This position reports to the Procurement & Contracting Director and provides high-level administrative and paralegal support to the Associate General Counsel/Privacy Officer, and to the Contracting and Procurement Team within the Legal & Compliance Department. This position will respond to reports of privacy/security incidents and perform preliminary risk assessments on incidents, and support the Privacy & Security Subcommittee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Privacy and Security Support:
- Develop and maintain systematic processes to monitor and document Vaya’s ongoing compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, and Vaya policies governing protected health information under HIPAA and other confidential information protected by law.
- Function as primary privacy & security incident response processer, performing initial/immediate triage and risk assessment, and coordinating with, or escalating to privacy and/or security officers as needed.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all privacy and security compliance activities.
- Assist Vaya staff, business associates, and provider staff in reporting, documenting, and mitigating privacy and security incidents.
- Maintain detailed logs of reported privacy and security incidents, including mitigation and resolution of such incidents.
- Draft and handle correspondence and telephone communications as necessary to obtain additional information needed to analyze, review, and/or resolve privacy and security incidents and/or to respond to reported concerns.
- Participate in audits of privacy and security practices as directed.
- Provide administrative support to the Privacy & Security Subcommittee, including, but not limited to, creating agendas, taking minutes and tracking action items.
- Prepare graphs and reports reflecting Vaya privacy and security activities for Board and committee presentation.
- Assist in developing privacy and security training materials, templates, and policies, and provide training to staff as requested.
- Work with appropriate oversight authorities upon determination by the Privacy & Security Subcommittee or Regulatory Compliance Committee that breach reporting is required.
- Assist in preparing breach notification to affected individuals and regulatory authorities as directed.
General Administrative and Contracts Support:
- Provide a full range of moderate to complex administrative assignments involving good judgment and discretion, including drafting correspondence, policies, and reports; scheduling and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements; maintaining electronic files; preparing reports, graphs, and PowerPoint presentations; submitting purchase orders; and handling mail; as well as minute-taking when requested. Detailed attention to proofreading and formatting of all correspondence and written documents, with proper spelling and grammar, is required.
- Assist, as directed, in the development, execution, organization, distribution, and storage of all Vaya Health contracts; coordinate and track execution of contracts to ensure conformity with auditing and compliance standards; report on content and status of Vaya Health contracts; and assist with the development and processing of procurement requests, including, but not limited to, requests for proposal, requests for information, and requests for assistance.
- Perform high level, detail oriented administrative work, along with application of fundamental contract management and processing functions, to support the: (1) development and implementation of contract templates; (2) distribution of contracts; (3) storage, coordination, and tracking of contracts; (4) development and analysis of contract language; (5) development and analysis of contracting reports; (6) entry of contract detail data into the contracts database, as well as maintaining the integrity of said data; (7) negotiation of contracts; (8) development of policies and processes; and (9) formal and informal procurement of apparatus, supplies, materials, or equipment in accordance with applicable law.
- Work on assigned projects as needed to improve administrative and provider network contracting, data integrity, claims processing, provider communications, and other projects that impact the contracting function of Vaya Health.
- Provide administrative support to other committees as assigned, including, but not limited to, creating agendas, taking minutes and tracking action items. Serve as backup to provide administrative support for other functions as assigned, and rotate relief at the front desk, as needed.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist attorneys with preparation for reconsiderations, mediation conferences, administrative hearings and civil litigation in state and federal courts, including preparing and filing of exhibits, motions, orders, and correspondence, and preparing, monitoring, and obtaining discovery responses.
- Coordinate cases with other Vaya staff and court personnel. Contact court clerks to ascertain legal procedures and local court rules when necessary.
- Manage and organize case files by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; entering information into file databases and case management software; and confirming case status with attorney.
- Organize evidence, prepare exhibits, and schedule witnesses to appear at depositions and hearings; ensure that witnesses are ready when needed; and take courtroom notes. Contact other individuals as necessary to gather information relevant to cases and other projects.
- Draft affidavits, legal pleadings, and regular and legal correspondence. Proofread and check legal documents, citations, and authorities for accuracy and completeness. Attention to detail on all aspects of legal work is extremely critical.
- May be required to travel, occasionally, to attend court hearings, trials, and other activities to assist attorneys.
QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALING REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma required and Bachelors degree preferred. Minimum of one year of experience in healthcare privacy compliance required. A minimum of four years of administrative experience in an executive, health care, or law office setting preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification as a Paralegal through the North Carolina State Bar preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE OF JOB:
- Proven experience in healthcare privacy compliance and as an administrative or legal assistant. Previous work in a legal office will be a plus.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail, and extreme precision and accuracy is required for all tasks. Ability to work independently with little or no direction, demonstrate initiative, and function as a self-starter.
- Ability to be flexible to deal with unfamiliar situations.
- Experience investigating privacy-related incidents and complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels and with varying backgrounds both within and outside of Vaya and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information in accordance with applicable laws, policies, and rules.
- Ability to problem-solve and provide practical, thorough and creative solutions to work tasks.
- Ability to learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including thorough knowledge and excellent skills in English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to prepare effective and accurate correspondence, draft letters on routine matters and perform routine office functions without referral to supervisor.
- Strong working knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and familiarity with HIPAA security rules as they pertain to Vaya.
- Good knowledge and proficiency in Adobe and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.). In particular must be proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to format and manipulate Excel documents for printing and presentation as well as Word and/or PowerPoint documents for distribution, printing and presentation.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, PolicyTech, and Navex software products (PolicyTech, EthicsPoint) a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and office assistance techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of how to use standard office equipment, including printers, scanners and fax machines.
- Familiarity with e-filing in state and federal courts and the Office of Administrative Hearings preferred.
- Familiarity and experience using legal resources preferred, including Westlaw online research system, state and federal statutes and regulations; state Rules of Court; local, state, and federal Rules of Practice and Procedure; and A Uniform System of Citation (“Bluebook”).
SALARY: Grade/Step is determined by qualification and experience of candidate. Position is full-time hourly with comprehensive benefits. This position is not exempt from overtime compensation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled.
Contact Person: Kristy Hall
Phone: 828-586-5501 Ext. 1142
Email Address: Kristy.Hall@VayaHealth.com
• Post ID: 57813667 asheville